Cerec is a CAD/CAM digital technology, offering same day restorations, crowns and bridges.
It eliminates the need for impressions, waiting lists and temporary restorations. Highly aesthetic, metal free and long lasting.
Here’s how it works:
• The dentist will prepare your tooth using a small drill.
• A special camera is then used to take an image of your teeth which is then uploaded to the design unit.
• This image is uploaded to a CAD/CAM unit, which creates a 3D model of your new tooth.
• The model is used by a milling machine, which creates your new tooth from a block of high-quality ceramic that best matches your surrounding teeth.
• The restoration is then fixed into place.
The beauty of this incredible state-of-the-art equipment is that it can create crowns without the need for impressions, saving you a lot of time and the hassle of repeated appointments.