2TH Dental Practice has been a member of the British Dental Association’s Good practice Scheme since it’s inception in 2002. Each year we have to prove our commitment to the following 10 points to be able to continue to be a member of the prestigious scheme.
- We aim to provide dental care of a consistently good quality for all patients
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
- We follow current guidance on infection control
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines
With lots of postgraduate education and a fully committed staff Edward Moncrief and everyone at 2TH Dental Practice ensure that a patient’s standard of care is consistently high every time they visit the practice.