Did you know that once your baby’s first tooth comes in it’s time for you to start brushing their teeth?
I gave my daughter, Daisy,her first toothbrush at 7 months old, and even with knowing the right things I should do it was still a challenge a bed time to get her to do more than play and chew the brush. Here are some tips to help you to develop good brushing habits that will help to keep the teeth and gums healthy for life.
- Brush your teeth with your child.
- Select toothbrushes based on age/stage first, but keep an eye out for his or her favourite characters.
- Position your little ones so that they’re facing the mirror when they brush, and they’ll enjoy seeing themselves brushing.
- Set a timer and challenge them to brush, brush, brush until the timer beeps.
- Remember to not get discouraged if it doesn’t work every time, try again the next morning.